The French Riviera Restaurants
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
The French Riviera Restaurant Reviews
Even in tiny villages some haute cuisine places can be as dressy as those in Monaco, if not more so, but in general, restaurants on the Côte d'Azur are quite relaxed. At lunchtime, a T-shirt and shorts are just fine in all but the fanciest places; bathing suits, however, should be kept for the beach. Nighttime wear is casual, too—but be aware that for after-dinner drinks, many clubs and discos draw the line at running shoes and jeans. Food plays a crucial role in the south of France, and some of the best restaurants aren't so easy to access; make sure to include taxi money in your budget to get to some of the more remote restaurants, or plan on renting a car. Try to come in truffle, lavender, or olive season.
Browse The French Riviera Restaurants
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's