- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
Although from N7 you may be tempted to give wide berth to Cagnes-sur-Mer —with its congested sprawl of freeway overpasses, beachfront pizzerias, and train station—don't. Just follow the brown signs inland touting "Bourg Médiéval" and up into one of the most beautiful villages perchés (perched villages) along the Riviera: Haut-de-Cagnes. Alice, of Wonderland fame, would adore this steeply cobbled Old Town, honeycombed as it is with tiny little piazzas, return-to-your-starting-point-twice alleys, and winding streets that abruptly change to stairways. This town is so pretty you'll wish you could paint, not photograph, it!
Elsewhere in The French Riviera
- Cap d'Antibes
- Iles de Lérins
- Mandelieu-La Napoule
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's