The French Riviera Feature
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
Top Reasons to Go to the French Riviera
Mingle with Picasso and company: Because artists have long loved the Côte d'Azur, it's blessed with superb art museums, including the Fondation Maeght in St-Paul and the Musée Picasso in Antibes.
Soak up the scene in St-Tropez: Brave the world's most outlandish fishing port in high summer, but don't forget the sunglasses and suntan lotion.
Step into the toy kingdom of Monaco: On your foray into one of the world's most expensive addresses, you'll encounter tropical gardens, Belle Époque grace notes, casinos, and Manhattan-like towers.
Take in the views from Èze: The most perfectly perched of the coast's villages perchés, an island in the sky, Èze has some of the most breathtaking views this side of a NASA space capsule.
Get a sense of the Old Riviera in Nice: With its bonbon-color palaces, blue Baie des Anges, time-stained Old Town, and Musée Matisse, this is one of France's most colorful and fabled cities.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe