- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
Towering like an eagle's nest above the coast and crowned with ramparts and the ruins of a medieval château, preposterously beautiful Èze (pronounced ehz) is unfortunately the most accessible of all the perched villages—this means crowds, many of whom head here to shop in the boutique-lined staircase-streets. (Happily the shops are largely quite stylish, and there's a nice preponderance of bric-a-brac and vintage fabric dealers.) But most travelers come here to drink in the views, for no one can deny that this is the most spectacularly sited of all coastal promontories.
Èze at a Glance
Elsewhere in The French Riviera
- Cap d'Antibes
- Iles de Lérins
- Mandelieu-La Napoule
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's