- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
The Office de Tourisme in Sarlat offers general guided tours (€5:50) of the town in English every Wednesday from mid-May to mid-October at 11 am. The guided tours in French are much more frequent.
If it's truffles you're after, you should go on a guided tour of the truffle groves in Sorges (a picturesque village to the northeast of Périgueux) every Tuesday and Thursday in July and August.
Sorges Truffle Museum. In July and August, tours of the truffle groves, lasting around an hour, can be arranged at the Sorges Truffle Museum (L'écomusée de la Truffe, €5 per person); they leave from here on Tuesday and Thursday at 3:30 pm. The rest of the year, guided tours are only available, by reservation, for groups of more than 20 people. 05–53–05–90–11. www.ecomusee-truffe-sorges.com. June and Sept., daily 9:30–12:30 and 2:30–6:30; July and Aug., daily 9:30–6:30; Oct.–June, daily 10–noon and 2–5.
Office de Tourisme (L'écomusée de la Truffe, Sorges, 24420. 05–53–05–90–11.)
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's