- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
The main tourist office for the region, the Comité Départemental du Tourisme de la Dordogne (www.dordogne-perigord-tourisme.fr), is in Perigueux. It has separate websites for different languages that will help you find what you need. Your best bet is to get your information before you leave home, as in the small villages a lot of the tourist offices have unusual opening hours. Indeed, many of these information centers are not called tourist offices at all, but Syndicats d'Initiatives, communal tourist outposts with infrequent hours. If you're coming from or via London, you can visit the official French Tourist Board office there: www.enjoydordogne.co.uk.
Comité Départemental du Tourisme de la Dordogne (25 rue Wilson, Périgueux, 24002. 05–53–35–50–24.)
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's