- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
The superfast TGV (Train à Grande Vitesse) Atlantique service links Paris (Gare Montparnasse) to Bordeaux—585 km (365 miles) in 3½ hours—with stops at Poitiers and Angoulême. Trains link Bordeaux to Lyon (6½ hrs) and Nice (8½ hrs) via Toulouse. Twenty trains daily make the 3½-hour, 400-km (250-mile) trip from Paris to Limoges.
Bordeaux is the region's major train hub. Trains run regularly from Bordeaux to Bergerac (80 mins), with occasional stops at St-Émilion, and six times daily to Sarlat (nearly 3 hrs). At least 12 trains daily make the 90-minute journey from Bordeaux to Périgueux. A handy hint is to go to the SNCF website (www.voyages-sncf.fr) that specifically caters to booking trains and finding out train departure times.
SNCF (36–35. voyages-sncf.fr.)
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's