- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
One popular way to see the Dordogne's landscape is by canoe or kayak. Rental depots spring up frequently along the rivers of the region, especially near campgrounds. The curving and winding Vézère River is an especially boat-friendly stretch, while the valley of the Lot River is famous for its dreamy dawn mists. Single-person boats go for about €10 to €20 an hour, about double that for two-person boats. Some rental companies will take you by car to a departure point upstream, and some will even provide tents and waterproof casings for overnight trips. For more information, pick up boating brochures at any tourist office in the region.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's