- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
The Dordogne is prime biking territory. In particular, the hour-long bike ride between Rocamadour and the Gouffre de Padirac might just be one of your most memorable experiences in France. And let's not forget daylong bike trips through the neighboring Célé Valley and the 35-km (22-mile) trip to the prehistoric Grotte du Pech Merle outside the town of Cabrerets. Happily, Cahors has plenty of places for bike rentals and picnic fixings (head for the town's covered and outdoor markets).
Bike Bus (Castelnaud La Chapelle, 24250. 06–08–94–42–01. www.bike-bus.com.)
Atout Loc. Rents out regular bicycles and electric bikes, too. 26 Route du Lot, Sarlat, 24200. 05-53-28-18-33.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe