- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
Perched on the edge of a cliff 330 feet up, the beautiful 13th-century village of St-Cirq (pronounced san-sare) looks as though it could slide right into the Lot River. Filled with artisans' workshops and not yet renovated à la Disney, the town has so many dramatic views you may end up spending several hours here. Traversing steep paths and alleyways among flower-filled balconies, you'll realize it deserves its description as one of the most beautiful villages in France.
St-Cirq-Lapopie at a Glance
Elsewhere in The Dordogne
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's