- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
Bergerac airport is a bit far from this famous village, so it might be easier to take regional carrier Airlinair (www.airlinair.com) to nearby Brive La Gaillarde directly north of Rocamadour (for as little as €60 one-way from Paris two times a day during the week and once on Sunday), or to Toulouse airport. If you're getting here by train—direct connections are available to Toulouse (3½ hrs, €29) and Brive (40 mins, €8.10)—you'll want to have your walking shoes on, because the Rocamadour-Padirac train station is a shared affair with the neighboring village of Padirac and is 4 km (3 miles) away from the village. Walking takes about an hour, biking 15 minutes, or you can call Taxi Pascal Herbert (05–65–50–14–82, 06–81–60–14–60 cell).
Rocamadour Tourist Office (Maison du Tourisme, Rocamadour, 46500. 05–65–33–22–00. www.rocamadour.com.)
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's