- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
Fodor's France 2014
Château de la Treyne
At a Glance
- the château has been sparklingly renovated
- modern amenities like Jacuzzis and minibars
- breakfast and dinner (sans wine) included, but rates are pricey
Check Rates from our Partners
Château de la Treyne Review
Certainly the most spectacular château-hotel in the Dordogne, this Relais & Châteaux outpost sits amid Baroque gardens perched over the Dordogne River. Located in Lacave, northwest of Rocamadour, La Treyne was nearly destroyed in the 16th-century Wars of Religion but was reconstructed under Louis XIII. Today the Great Lounge restaurant (no lunch Tuesday–Friday) is a feast of crystal, boiserie, and Louis Treize chairs. Stylish guest rooms range from the stunning Prison Doreé (or "Golden Prison," set atop the castle tower) and the hyper-charming Soleil Levant (the former chapel, now glowing in historic lime and yellow), to a new deluxe suite with gorgeous antiques and views over the river.
- Address: 15 km (9 miles) northwest of Rocamadour and 5 km (3 miles) from Lacave Lacave, 46200 | Map It
- Phone: 05–65–27–60–60
- Website: www.chateaudelatreyne.com
- Location: Rocamadour
- 12 rooms, 5 suites.
- Rate includes some meals.
- Closed Nov. 15–Dec. 23 and Jan. 3–Mar. 23.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
We saw London, we saw France and lots more.
Day 1 (9/18) Amsterdam
Well I have put off this trip report long enough so here goes. I am writing this to pay forward the help and advice which I received from Read more
WARNING: This trip report will be dry (not as in witty, but as in the text book you repeatedly drooled over in college), possibly long-winded, and totally ignore most restaurants in Paris. Read more
Thank goodness I had not booked my apartments as my trip with my 15 year old grand-daughter has changed. Read more
· News & Features
This week, we covered top destinations for great family getaways—from Disney World to dinosaur spotting. ... Read more
Go on location in Görlitz, Germany, to the transporting set of director Wes Anderson's film... Read more
Kick off spring with some of this year's best events and hotel packages in Washington, D.C.... Read more