- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
Château de la Treyne
At a Glance
- the château has been sparklingly renovated
- modern amenities like Jacuzzis and minibars
- breakfast and dinner (sans wine) included, but rates are pricey
Fodor's FindsLowest Price Guarantee
Château de la Treyne Review
Certainly the most spectacular château-hotel in the Dordogne, this Relais & Châteaux outpost sits amid Baroque gardens perched over the Dordogne River. Located in Lacave, northwest of Rocamadour, La Treyne was nearly destroyed in the 16th-century Wars of Religion but was reconstructed under Louis XIII. Today the Great Lounge restaurant (no lunch Tuesday–Friday) is a feast of crystal, boiserie, and Louis Treize chairs. Stylish guest rooms range from the stunning Prison Doreé (or "Golden Prison," set atop the castle tower) and the hyper-charming Soleil Levant (the former chapel, now glowing in historic lime and yellow), to a new deluxe suite with gorgeous antiques and views over the river.
- Address: 15 km (9 miles) northwest of Rocamadour and 5 km (3 miles) from Lacave Lacave, 46200 | Map It
- Phone: 05–65–27–60–60
- Website: www.chateaudelatreyne.com
- Location: Rocamadour
- 12 rooms, 5 suites.
- Rate includes some meals.
- Closed Nov. 15–Dec. 23 and Jan. 3–Mar. 23.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
My film “Napoleon Slept Here” takes you all around France, beginning and ending in Paris, with Notre Dame Cathedral, the Pompidou Center, Eiffel Tower, Napoleon’s Tomb, Sainte-Chapelle’s Read more
Two farm kid high school sweethearts celebrate 35 years of marriage in Europe. Read more
Hi, my boyfriend and I are planning a 20 day backpacking trip in May. Read more
· News & Features
With Art Basel Miami now in town, it's prime time to consider the 7 reasons why you should be taking a... Read more
New York City offers irresistible retail therapy during the holiday season.... Read more
Next year, crazed soccer fans the world will descend upon Brazil, host of the 2014 World Cup.... Read more