- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
Fodor's France 2014
Château de la Treyne
At a Glance
- the château has been sparklingly renovated
- modern amenities like Jacuzzis and minibars
- breakfast and dinner (sans wine) included, but rates are pricey
Check Rates from our Partners
Château de la Treyne Review
Certainly the most spectacular château-hotel in the Dordogne, this Relais & Châteaux outpost sits amid Baroque gardens perched over the Dordogne River. Located in Lacave, northwest of Rocamadour, La Treyne was nearly destroyed in the 16th-century Wars of Religion but was reconstructed under Louis XIII. Today the Great Lounge restaurant (no lunch Tuesday–Friday) is a feast of crystal, boiserie, and Louis Treize chairs. Stylish guest rooms range from the stunning Prison Doreé (or "Golden Prison," set atop the castle tower) and the hyper-charming Soleil Levant (the former chapel, now glowing in historic lime and yellow), to a new deluxe suite with gorgeous antiques and views over the river.
- Address: 15 km (9 miles) northwest of Rocamadour and 5 km (3 miles) from Lacave Lacave, 46200 | Map It
- Phone: 05–65–27–60–60
- Website: www.chateaudelatreyne.com
- Location: Rocamadour
- 12 rooms, 5 suites.
- Rate includes some meals.
- Closed Nov. 15–Dec. 23 and Jan. 3–Mar. 23.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Most of the towns along the northern coastline of France were destroyed during WW2, but there is at least one notable exception -- the town of Mers-les-Bains in Picardy, which displays one of the most amazing Read more
In my wildest dream, i would never have guessed that my favorite niece and I would celebrate out big birthdays on the same year, or that we would do it in Paris in September!
She has always had a fascinated Read more
Reviewed by my friend and Fodorite, Toupary.
Hungry for Paris is the new edition.
http://bonjourparis.com/story/hungry-france-adventures-cook-food-lover-book-alex/ Read more
· News & Features
Stunning beaches, tantalizing food, and veritable vino—we're all about epicurean excellence ... Read more
A history of Moleskine notebooks and a blog for safari lovers are among the things we've been reading... Read more
Nassau is an easily accessible, fun-packed destination for adults and kids alike.... Read more