- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
As opposed to using the Bergerac airport, fly on regional carrier Airlinair (www.airlinair.com) to Brive la Gaillarde, to the west of Périgueux (for as little as €60 one-way from Paris two times a day during the week and once on Sunday). The bus station on Rue Denis Papin houses C.F.T.A. Périgueux (05–53–08–43–13), which is part of the Transpérigord bus system. Bus lines (1, 1A, 2, 3, 9, 10) leave here for Angoulême, Brantôme, Hautefort, and Bergerac for €2 a trip. Peribus (05–53–53–30–37) on Place Montaigne is where you can catch a city bus. The train station is also on Rue Denis Papin. It takes 4½ hours to get here from Paris's Gare d'Austerlitz (connecting in Bordeaux) and will cost you around €63. If you're training it to Cahors from Perigueux you'll have to travel the 50 minutes east first to Brive La Gaillard and then head south to Cahors, which is another hour, all for around €25 one-way. It'll take you less time to get to Bergerac (70 mins) to the southeast, but you'll still have to connect at Le Buisson.
Périgueux Tourist Office (26 pl. Francheville, Périgueux, 24000. 05–53–53–10–63. www.tourisme-perigueux.fr..)
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's