- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
If you're taking a train to Cahors you'll arrive at the station (08–36–35–35–35) on Place Jouinot Gambetta from Paris's Gare d'Austerlitz in around five hours for about €68 one-way. Trains run frequently between Toulouse and Cahors, and the shuttle (€5) between Toulouse airport and the city's bus station (next door to the train station) runs every 20 minutes, so you should consider flying into Toulouse as opposed to Bergerac, from which it is difficult to reach Cahors—or even into the regional airport of Brive La Gaillarde (www.airlinair.com) and then heading south to Cahors. Buses leave from the train station and, as in the rest of the Dordogne, can be erratic, although, on the plus side, they cost only €2 a trip.
Cahors Tourist Office (Pl. François-Mitterand, Cahors, 24100. 05–65–53–20–65. www.tourisme-cahors.com.)
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's