- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
Less touristy and populated than most of the Dordogne, the Lot Valley has a subtler charm. The cluster of towns along the Lot River and the smaller rivers that cut through the dry, vineyard-covered plateau has a magical, abandoned feel.
Here and on other routes—notably the GR46, which spans the interior of the Lot region, with breathtaking views of the limestone plateaux and quiet valleys between Rocamadour and St-Cirq-Lapopie—cyclotourisme (biking) rules supreme.
Cahors at a Glance
Elsewhere in The Dordogne
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's