- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
Yes, this is the Bergerac of Cyrano de Bergerac fame—but not exactly. The real satirist and playwright Cyrano (1619–55) who inspired playwright Edmond Rostand's long-nosed swashbuckler was born in Paris and never set foot anywhere near this town. That hasn't prevented his legend from being preempted by the town fathers, who have plastered his schnoz all over the town's promotional materials.
Bergerac at a Glance
Elsewhere in The Dordogne
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's