- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
High-speed trains (TGVs, Trains à Grande Vitesse) cover the 800 km (500 miles) from Paris to Bayonne in 4½ hours. Biarritz's La Négresse train station (3 km [2 miles] southeast of the town center) has trains connecting with Bayonne, Bordeaux, St-Jean-de-Luz, and many other places. Bayonne and Toulouse are connected by local SNCF trains via Pau, Tarbes, and Lourdes. You can take the train from Pau to Lourdes, Bayonne, and Biarritz. From Bayonne, trains connect with many destinations, including St-Jean-de-Luz, St-Jean-Pied-de-Port, Toulouse, Bordeaux, and Pau. Local trains go between Bayonne and Biarritz and from Bayonne into the Atlantic Pyrénées, a slow but picturesque trip. A local train runs along the Nive from Bayonne to St-Jean-Pied-de-Port. Hendaye is connected to Bayonne and to San Sebastián via the famous topo (mole) train, so called for the number of tunnels it passes through.
Gare Ville Bayonne (Quartier St-Esprit, Bayonne, 64100. 36-35. www.gares-en-mouvement.com.)
Gare Ville Biarritz La Négresse (18 allée Moura, Biarritz, 64200. 36–35. www.gares-en-mouvement.com.)
SNCF (36–35 €0.34 per minute. www.voyages-sncf.com.)
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's