- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
A64 connects Pau and Bayonne in less than an hour, and A63 runs up and down the Atlantic coast. N134-E7 connects Bordeaux, Pau, Oloron-Ste-Marie, and Spain via the Col de Somport and Jaca. The D918 from Saint-Jean-de-Luz through Cambo and along the Nive River to St-Jean-Pied-de-Port is a pretty drive, continuing on (as D933, D918, D919, and N134-E7) through the Béarn country to Oloron-Ste-Marie and Pau. Roads are occasionally slow and tortuous in the more mountainous areas, but valley and riverside roads are generally quite smooth and fast. D132, which goes between Arette and Pierre-St-Martin, can be snowed in between mid-November and mid-May. This can also be the case for N134 through the Vallée d'Aspe and the Col de Somport into Spain.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's