Sights & Attractions in The Basque Country, Gascony, and Hautes-Pyrénées
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
Fodor's Choice Sights in The Basque Country, Gascony, and Hautes-Pyrénées
Brèche de Roland
Another dramatic sight is 12 km (7 mi) west of the village of...
Cirque de Gavarnie
A spectacular natural amphitheater, the Cirque de Gavarnie has...
Musée National du Château de Pau
Pau's regal past is commemorated at its Musée National du Château...
|Castles / Palaces||Pau|
The château on the hill above town can be reached by escalator...
|Museums / Galleries, Castles / Palaces||Lourdes|
Petit Train de la Rhune
The Petit Train de la Rhune, a tiny wood-panel cogwheel train...
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's