- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
Set 12 km (7 miles) north of Pau, the Pau-Pyrénées airport (Aéroport Pau-Pyrénées, Uzein 05–59–33–33–00 www.pau.aeroport.fr) receives daily flights from Paris, London, Lyon, and Amsterdam, among other points. SNCF connects Pau with Paris (5 hrs, 34 mins; €67.50 with four trains daily. Overnight sleeper trains (7 hrs, 45 mins; €106.80) run via Bayonne or Toulouse. Trains connect with Biarritz (1½ hrs, €19.10) five times daily. In addition, you can take the train to Lourdes (29 mins, €7.90), Bayonne (1 hr, 33 mins; €16.85), and Toulouse (2 hrs, 52 mins; €30.40). STAB buses (05–59–14–15–16 www.bus-stab.com) connects Pau with Bayonne and Toulouse. To reach the center of Pau from the train station on Avenue Gaston-Lacoste, cross the street and take the funicular up the hill to Place Royale.
Pau Tourist Office. Pau Tourist Office Pl. Royale, Pau, 64000. 05–59–27–27–08. www.pau-pyreenees.com.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe