Nightlife & the Arts in The Basque Country, Gascony, and Hautes-Pyrénées
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
The Basque Country, Gascony, and Hautes-Pyrénées Nightlife & the Arts
The streets around Pau's imposing château are sprinkled with cozy...
Casino de Biarritz
At the Casino de Biarritz you can play the slots or blackjack...
Festival de Pau
During the Festival de Pau, theatrical and musical events take...
L'Arena Café, in a pretty spot at the edge of the beach, serves...
La Fête des Pyrénées
Every July Gavarnie holds an outdoor ballet and music performance...
Le Carré Coast
Le Carré Coast serves cocktails and plays soul, jazz, and house...
Le Playboy fills with the surfing crowd in season....
Le Temps d'Aimer
In September the three-week Le Temps d'Aimer festival presents...
Newquay is a midtown Irish pub popular with surfers....
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
* Some taxes, fees additional