- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
Getting Here and Around
Lourdes's train station on the Avenue de la Gare is one of the busiest in the country. So many pilgrim trains arrive between Easter and October that the station has a separate entrance to accommodate the religious masses. From the train station, local buses take anxious visitors to the grotto every 20 minutes (Easter–October). Trains go directly to Pau (28 mins, €7.80), Bayonne (1 hr, 44 mins; €23.90), and Toulouse (2 hrs, 4 mins; €26.40).
Lourdes Tourist Office. Lourdes Tourist Office Pl. Peyramale, Lourdes, 65100. 05–62–42–77–40. www.lourdes-france.com.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe