- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
The mountain town of Lourdes is probably the most famous Catholic pilgrimage site (and sight) in the world. Some 5 million visitors come each year from every corner of the globe, many of them not Christians, with most in quest of a miraculous cure for sickness or disability.
Lourdes at a Glance
Elsewhere in The Basque Country, Gascony, and Hautes-Pyrénées
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's