- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
Empress Eugénie popularized the thermal baths of this region at the end of the 19th century, and in return the villagers baptised this town after her. Then, in 1973, Michel and Christine Guérard made the village world-famous by putting together one of France's most fashionable thermal retreats, which became one of the birthplaces of nouvelle cuisine, thanks to the great talents of chef Michel.
Eugénie-les-Bains at a Glance
Elsewhere in The Basque Country, Gascony, and Hautes-Pyrénées
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's