- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
Getting Here and Around
At 18 allée Moura, Biarritz's La Négresse train station (3 km [2 miles] southeast of the centre ville [city center], so hop on bus No. 2 to reach the centrally located Hôtel de Ville near the main beach) has trains connecting with St-Jean-de-Luz (11 mins, €3.25), Bordeaux (1 hr, 50 mins; €25.10), and many other places, including San Sebastián, Spain via Hendaye (50 mins, €7.50). From Bayonne airport, bus No. 6 runs hourly to the Biarritz city center from 6 am to 7 pm. Up to 10 trains arrive from Bayonne daily (10 mins, €2.90), a hub for trains connecting with Paris and other big cities in France. Most buses to Bayonne and Anglet run from the Chronobus (formerly STAB) bus booth (Rue Louis Barthous), near the main tourist office. Tickets cost €1 for a single ride, €8 for a 10-ride card. The ATCRB bus has regular service to other Basque towns, including St-Jean-de-Luz. SNCF connects Biarritz with Paris by TGV (5 hrs, 5 mins; €46.80) with six trains daily.
Biarritz Tourist Office. Biarritz Tourist Office 1 sq. d'Ixelles, Biarritz, 64200. 05–59–22–37–10. www.biarritz.fr.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe