- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
Sports and the Outdoors
Golf de Biarritz. Golf de Biarritz has an 18-hole, par-69 course, with green fees beginning at €72 in the height of the summer season. 2 av. Edith-Cavell, Biarritz, 64100. 05–59–03–71–80. www.golfbiarritz.com.
Parc des Sports d'Aguilera. This is the fiefdom of the champion rugby club Biarritz Olympique, winner of the 2012 European Challenge. Call for information on scheduled matches. Biarritz, 64200. 05–59–43–71–38. www.bo-pb.com.
Pelote Basque: Biarritz Athletic-club. Pelote Basque: Biarritz Athletic-club offers instruction in every type of Basque pelota including main nue (bare-handed), pala (paddle), chistera (with a basketlike racquet), and cesta punta (another game played with the same curved basket). Parc des Sports d'Aguilera, Fronton Euskal Jai, Biarritz, 64200. 05–59–23–91–09. www.pelotebasque.net.
Roxy Jam Long Board. France's Atlantic Coast has become one of the hottest surfing destinations in the world. The "Endless Summer" arrives in Biarritz every year in late July for the Roxy Jam Long Board championships and concludes with other events in August. Biarritz.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's