- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
SNCF connects Bayonne with Paris (5 hrs, 2 mins; €30.80) with four TGV trains daily. Check variable prices on the Internet. Train connections from Bayonne include St-Jean-de-Luz (22 mins, €5.10), St-Jean-Pied-de-Port (1 hr, 18 mins; €9.20), Toulouse (3 hrs, 21 mins; €41.60), Bordeaux (1 hr, 39 mins; €23.90), and Pau (1 hr, 7 mins; €17.10); trains make the short jaunt to Biarritz frequently in summer; in winter, take a bus. The Chronoplus bus (05–59–59 –04–61 www.chronoplus.eu/) connects Bayonne with towns on the French Basque Coast, notably Biarritz (15 mins, €1) and Anglet. The Chronoplus shuttle connects the airport with Biarritz, Bayonne, and the surfing hub of Anglet (20 mins, €1).
Bayonne Tourist Office. Bayonne Tourist Office Pl. des Basques, Bayonne, 64100. 08–20–42–64–64. www.bayonne-tourisme.com..
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's