- Bask in Biarritz This former fishing village has been trumped by a glitzy Second Empire aura, but you won't find the bathing beauties and high rollers complaining.
- Be charmed by Basque chic The camera-ready villages of Ainhoa, Sare, and St-Jean-de-Luz show off quirky, colorful, and asymmetrical Basque architecture.
- Indulge yourself in Michel Guérard's Les Prés d' Eugénie The co-father (with Paul Bocuse) of nouvelle cuisine still creates glorious meals in tucked-away Eugénie-les-Bains.
- Gasp at gorgeous Gavarnie Victor Hugo called the 1,400-foot-high waterfall here "the greatest architect's greatest work."
- Take in the view from pretty Pau With views of the Pyrénées, Pau is the historic capital of Béarn—and regal monuments recall its royal past as the birthplace of King Henri IV.
80° BY THE SEA
Looking for a beach vacation? Let us help you find the right spot.More