- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
Getting Here and Around
For such a popular town, St-Rémy has surprisingly few public transportation links. A bus run by Cartreize (08–00–19–94–13 www.lepilote.com) provides service between Avignon and St-Rémy via Chateaurenard (daily except Sunday, €1) or Arles-Cavaillon via St-Rémy (daily except Sunday, €2.10). Service to Les Baux runs daily, but only during July and August, with weekend service in June and September (€1).
Local trains stop at Tarascon (www.voyages-sncf.com) and from here you can take a Cartrieze bus to St-Rémy (20 mins, €1). As with Les Baux-de-Provence, the easiest way to get to St-Rémy is by car. Take the A7 until you reach exit 25, then the D99 between Tarascon and Cavaillon, direction St-Rémy on the D5.
St-Rémy-de-Provence Tourist Office (Pl. Jean Jaurès, St-Rémy-de-Provence, 13210. 04–90–92–05–22. www.saintremy-de-provence.com.)
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe