- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
At a Glance
- an elegant stay in the country
- excellent sommelier
- some visitors have found the reception a little cool
- restaurant a short distance away from inn
Check Rates from our Partners
Chez Bru Review
Belgian chef Wout Bru has gained a reputation (and Michelin stars) for his understated, subtly balanced cuisine; his wife Suzy has earned kudos for her equally savvy sense of style; and together they have created a tranquil haven of deluxe comfort. After making a success of the Bistrot d'Eygalières in Eygalières' village center, they expanded their empire to open this retreat 4 km (2.5 mi) away, where guest rooms are gorgeously chic, well-appointed, and sleek. Although the beautiful scenery and fab pampering may distract you, the main focus here is on the talented chef and his extraordinary restaurant (closed Monday and mid-November to March). Try the king crab with spinach, oysters, and a potato-truffle mousse or the lobster with tomato and wakame tartar.The couple's second location on Rue de la République offers less expensive accommodation ($$$).
- Address: Rte. D'Orgon, 4 km (2.5 mi) from Eygalières, which is 10 km (6 mi) southeast of St-Rémy on D99 then D24, Eygalières, St-Rémy-de-Provence, 13810
- Phone: 04–90–90–60–34
- Website: www.chezbru.com
- Location: St-Remy-de-Provence
- 7 rooms, 2 suites.
- Rate includes breakfast.
- Closed mid-Nov.–Mar.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
We saw London, we saw France and lots more.
Day 1 (9/18) Amsterdam
Well I have put off this trip report long enough so here goes. I am writing this to pay forward the help and advice which I received from Read more
WARNING: This trip report will be dry (not as in witty, but as in the text book you repeatedly drooled over in college), possibly long-winded, and totally ignore most restaurants in Paris. Read more
Hi fellow Fodorites, based on a recommendation from one of you I am booking this apartment in the Canal St. Read more
· News & Features
Gorgeous villa in Provence with a cool, cultural backstory? ... Read more
If the scent of olive trees, honey, and flowers is in the air, you've made it to Aix-en-Provence.... Read more
We travel for many reasons, not the least of which is to experience a new way of life.... Read more