- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
Usine Mathieu de Roussillon (Roussillon's Mathieu Ocher Works)
Usine Mathieu de Roussillon (Roussillon's Mathieu Ocher Works) Review
The area's famous vein of natural ocher, which spreads some 25 kilometers (16 miles) along the foot of the Vaucluse plateau, has been mined for centuries, beginning with the ancient Romans, who used it for their pottery. You can visit the old Usine Mathieu de Roussillon to learn more about ocher's extraction and its modern uses.
- Address: On D104 southeast of town, Roussillon, 84220
- Phone: 04–90–05–66–69
- Cost: €6.50, €7 joint ticket with Sentier des Ochres
- Hours: Mar.–June and Sept.–Nov., daily 9–1 and 2–6; Dec. and Feb., Wed.–Sun., 9–1 and 2–6; July–Aug., 9–7. Closed Jan.
- Website: www.okhra.com
- Location: Roussillon
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
In my wildest dream, i would never have guessed that my favorite niece and I would celebrate out big birthdays on the same year, or that we would do it in Paris in September!
She has always had a fascinated Read more
Hi we are just back so I am going to start a bit as I remember things! Read more
We're traveling with a preschooler and infant without our carseats so I wanted to book a service that would have car seats from CDG to our apt in Paris. Read more
· News & Features
Gorgeous villa in Provence with a cool, cultural backstory? ... Read more
If the scent of olive trees, honey, and flowers is in the air, you've made it to Aix-en-Provence.... Read more
We travel for many reasons, not the least of which is to experience a new way of life.... Read more