- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
Usine Mathieu de Roussillon (Roussillon's Mathieu Ocher Works)
Usine Mathieu de Roussillon (Roussillon's Mathieu Ocher Works) Review
The area's famous vein of natural ocher, which spreads some 25 kilometers (16 miles) along the foot of the Vaucluse plateau, has been mined for centuries, beginning with the ancient Romans, who used it for their pottery. You can visit the old Usine Mathieu de Roussillon to learn more about ocher's extraction and its modern uses.
- Address: On D104 southeast of town, Roussillon, 84220
- Phone: 04–90–05–66–69
- Cost: €6.50, €7 joint ticket with Sentier des Ochres
- Hours: Mar.–June and Sept.–Nov., daily 9–1 and 2–6; Dec. and Feb., Wed.–Sun., 9–1 and 2–6; July–Aug., 9–7. Closed Jan.
- Website: www.okhra.com
- Location: Roussillon
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Numerous people here probably know that Boulevard Saint Germain is not at all my favorite street in Paris, but since it is one of the main streets in the city, I felt that I should do a photo report abou Read more
We saw London, we saw France and lots more.
Day 1 (9/18) Amsterdam
Well I have put off this trip report long enough so here goes. I am writing this to pay forward the help and advice which I received from Read more
Traveling in 5 different countries: Denmark, Austria, Germany, Switzerland, and France. Read more
· News & Features
Gorgeous villa in Provence with a cool, cultural backstory? ... Read more
If the scent of olive trees, honey, and flowers is in the air, you've made it to Aix-en-Provence.... Read more
We travel for many reasons, not the least of which is to experience a new way of life.... Read more