- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
L'Oustau de la Baumanière
At a Glance
- low-key in style and flair with lots of ammenities
- one of the greatest restaurants in Provence
- so low-key, with some rooms bordering on generic, you wonder if it is worth it
- can be hit-and-miss with service
Check Rates from our Partners
L'Oustau de la Baumanière Review
Spread over three historic buildings just outside the village of Les Baux, guest rooms at this fabled hotel are the last word in Provençal chic—breezy, private, and beautifully furnished with antiques yet done with a contemporary flair. Elizabeth Taylor, Picasso, Churchill, and thousands of others have headed to this oasis—sheltered by rocky cliffs and set amid formal landscaped terraces—for some quintessential luxe-Provençal pampering. As for the famed Baumanière restaurant (reservations essential), Ducasse-trained Michelin two-star chef Sylvestre Wahid continues to attract culinary pilgrims who revel in the varied menu—blue lobster grilled with butter in its shell, alongside spaghettini with truffles and basil.
- Address: Val d'Enfer, Les Baux-de-Provence, 13520 | Map It
- Phone: 04–90–54–33–07
- Website: www.oustaudebaumaniere.com
- Location: Les Baux-de-Provence
- 17 rooms, 13 suites.
- Rate includes no meals.
- Hotel and restaurant closed Jan.–Feb.; restaurant closed Wed. and Thurs. in Mar., and Oct.–mid-Dec.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
We saw London, we saw France and lots more.
Day 1 (9/18) Amsterdam
Well I have put off this trip report long enough so here goes. I am writing this to pay forward the help and advice which I received from Read more
WARNING: This trip report will be dry (not as in witty, but as in the text book you repeatedly drooled over in college), possibly long-winded, and totally ignore most restaurants in Paris. Read more
Hi fellow Fodorites, based on a recommendation from one of you I am booking this apartment in the Canal St. Read more
· News & Features
Gorgeous villa in Provence with a cool, cultural backstory? ... Read more
If the scent of olive trees, honey, and flowers is in the air, you've made it to Aix-en-Provence.... Read more
We travel for many reasons, not the least of which is to experience a new way of life.... Read more