- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
Getting Here and Around
On the Paris–Avignon–Montpellier train line, Nîmes has a direct TGV rail link to and from Paris (about a three-hour ride). The Nîmes gare routière (bus station) is just behind the train station. You can travel to Arles (1 hr, 4 daily; €1.50 www.edgard-transport.fr) or take the E51 bus to Avignon (1hr 35 min; 4 daily; €1.50 www.edgard-transport.fr). The B21 bus (direction Pont-St-Esprit) stops at Remoulins for the Pont du Gard (about 35 mins; €1.50; 08–10–33–42–73). Note that although all the sites in Nîmes are walkable, the useful La Citadine bus (Tango 08–20–22–30–30) runs a good loop from the station and passes many of the principal sites along the way for €1.80 (daily except Sunday every 15 mins).
Nîmes Tourist Office (6 rue Auguste, Nîmes, 30000. 04–66–58–38–00. www.nimes-tourisme.com.)
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe