- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
Sports and the Outdoors
Marseille is a mecca for diving (de la plongée), with several organizations offering baptêmes (baptisms, or first dives) to beginners. The coast is lined with rocky inlets, grottoes, and ancient shipwrecks, not to mention thronged by aquatic life.
Plongée Marseille. For general information, contact the Plongée Marseille. 48 bd. du Mont Rose, Marseille, 13008. 04–91–25–23–64. www.plongee-marseille.com.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe