- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
Top Reasons to Go to Provence
See Vincent Van Gogh's Arles: Ever since the fiery Dutchman immortalized Arles in all its chromatic drama, this town has had a starring role in museums around the world.
Experience unplugged Provence: The marshy landscapes of the Camargue will swamp you with their strange beauty, white horses, pink flamingoes, and black bulls.
Get hip-deep in lavender: Tour the Lavender Route from the Abbaye de Sénanque (near Gordes) to a wide, blue-purple swath that ranges across the Drôme and the Vaucluse.
Go fishing for Marseille's best bouillabaisse: The version at Chez FonFon will make your taste buds stand up and sing "La Marseillaise."
Tour Cézanne Country: Views of Mont Ste-Victoire, rising near the artist's hometown of Aix-en-Provence, may inspire you to pick up a brush.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe