- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
The most impressive of the Luberon's villages, Bonnieux rises out of the arid hills in a jumble of honey-color cubes that change color subtly as the day progresses. The village is wrapped in crumbling ramparts and dug into bedrock and cliff. Most of its sharply raked streets take in wide-angle valley views, though you can get the best view from the pine-shaded grounds of the 12th-century church, reached by stone steps that wind past tiny niche houses.
Elsewhere in Provence
- Abbaye de Montmajour
- The Camargue
- Crillon le Brave
- Iles d'Hyères
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's