- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
Although its name means wine to most of the world, Bandol is also a popular and highly developed seaside resort town. It has seafood snack shacks, generic brasseries, a harbor packed with yachts, and a waterfront promenade. Yet the east end of town conceals lovely old villas framed in mimosas, bougainvillea, and pine. And a portside stroll up the palm-lined Allée Jean-Moulin feels downright Côte d'Azur. But be warned: the sheer concentration of high-summer crowds cannot be exaggerated. If you're not a beach lover, pick up an itinerary from the tourist office and visit a few Bandol vineyards just outside town.
Elsewhere in Provence
- Abbaye de Montmajour
- The Camargue
- Crillon le Brave
- Iles d'Hyères
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's