- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
Making the Most of Your Time
The Marais has something for everyone, and how much time you spend here depends on how much time you have in Paris. One day seems painfully short, but it would afford you a walking tour. Leave at least two days if your itinerary includes the Centre Pompidou and the Musée Picasso. In three days you could cover some of the smaller museums, well worth the time as many of them are housed in exquisite mansions. If time permits, wander to the 3e arrondissement to see the charming streets, away from the crowds, or visit the quirky science-centric Musée des Arts et Métiers. Leave time to peek into private courtyards, and picnic in the Place des Vosges. Sunday afternoon is a lively time to come, when many shops are open, notably on the Rue des Francs-Bourgeois. Nightlife is tops as well, with a lively café and bar scene, particularly those aimed at the gay community.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe