- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
Top Reasons to Go
Musée d'Orsay. The graceful vaulted ceiling and abundance of natural light in this train station–turned-museum are reminders of why the Impressionist painters thought that train stations were the cathedrals of the 19th century.
Jardin du Luxembourg. Take in a puppet show, wander the tree-lined gravel paths, or just laze by the fountain at this most elegant of Parisian gardens.
Boulevard St-Germain. The main artery of this chic neighborhood is lined with shops, art galleries, and cafés. The top boutiques are clustered around Rue de Rennes, off the main stretch; for more art galleries, head north to Rue de Seine.
Cafés, cafés, cafés. This is excellent people-watching territory. Take a seat at one of the many cafés, hang out, and watch the world go by.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe