- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
Galeries Lafayette Review
Galeries Lafayette is one of those places that you wander into unawares, leaving hours later a poorer and humbler person. At the flagship store at 40 boulevard Haussmann, a Belle Époque stained-glass dome caps the world's largest perfumery. The store bulges with thousands of designers; free fashion shows are held Friday at 3 pm in the upstairs café (reservations are a must: call 01-42-82-36-40 or e-mail welcomegalerieslafayette.com). A big draw is the comestibles department, stocked with everything from herbed goat cheese to Iranian caviar. Just across the street at 35 boulevard Haussmann is Galeries Lafayette Maison. The Montparnasse branch is a pale shadow of the Boulevard Haussmann behemoths.
- Address: 35-40 bd. Haussmann, 9e, Opéra/Grands Boulevards, Paris, 75009 | Map It
- Phone: 01-42-82-34-56
- Website: www.galerieslafayette.com
- Metro Chaussée d'Antin, Opéra, Havre Caumartin.
- Location: Opéra
- Centre Commercial Montparnasse, 14e, Montparnasse, Paris, 75014, 01-45-38-52-87, Metro: Montparnasse Bienvenüe
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $1799 -- 7-Nt. Luxe French & Italian Riviera Cruise, 70% Off Windstar Cruises
- $1799 & up -- 'World's Best': Luxe European Cruises, 70% Off — $1,799 Windstar Cruises
Sometimes things happen that makes one wonder if fate is conspiring against a trip. Read more
Above is a blog that I hope will be entertaining and helpful to anyone who might be interested in backpacking across the continent. This is specifically for anyone who's Read more
I can't figure out the trains!! Everyone keeps telling me how inexpensive it is and when I go to book a day trip from Paris to Amsterdam it hits at like $230.
Someone please educate me on the trains... Read more
· News & Features
The bistro scene in Paris is as hot as ever, with endless worthy newcomers to scope out.... Read more
Springtime in Paris is legendary—the stuff of song lyrics, poems, and movie titles.... Read more
Paris is one of the world's most visited cities for good reason—it has more great food, style, history,... Read more