- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
Galeries Lafayette Review
Galeries Lafayette is one of those places that you wander into unawares, leaving hours later a poorer and humbler person. At the flagship store at 40 boulevard Haussmann, a Belle Époque stained-glass dome caps the world's largest perfumery. The store bulges with thousands of designers; free fashion shows are held Friday at 3 pm in the upstairs café (reservations are a must: call 01–42–82–36–40 or e-mail email@example.com). A big draw is the comestibles department, stocked with everything from herbed goat cheese to Iranian caviar. Just across the street at 35 boulevard Haussmann is Galeries Lafayette Maison. The Montparnasse branch is a pale shadow of the Boulevard Haussmann behemoths.
- Address: 35–40 bd. Haussmann, 9e Opéra/Grands Boulevards, Paris, 75009 | Map It
- Phone: 01–42–82–34–56
- Website: www.galerieslafayette.com
- Metro Chaussée d'Antin, Opéra, Havre Caumartin.
- Location: Opéra
- Centre Commercial Montparnasse, 14e, Montparnasse, Paris, 75014, 01–45–38–52–87, Metro: Montparnasse Bienvenüe
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
We spent a week at the end of May exploring the Dordogne from a base near Sarlat-la-Canéda. Read more
Bikerscott and I celebrated our 11th wedding anniversary in Paris last weekend and thought I would share our pictures and restaurants.
We usually stay in the 11th but I have always wanted to try Le Marais Read more
Hdere are a few photos to destroy your dining for today...
Foie gras, wonderdful scallops, souffle
I deserved it all.after a miserable trip..due to it being the end of a holiday weekend.. Read more
· News & Features
France is a famous lure for its art, culture, and fine wine, and now visitors are falling for Cognac, ... Read more
Choosing a destination for your honeymoon can prove nearly as challenging a task as finding "the one."... Read more
After four long years of renovations, Paris's Palais Galleria finally reopens its doors, treating its... Read more