- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
Fodor's Paris 2014
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
Saint James Paris
At a Glance
- beautiful decor and spacious rooms
- generous breakfast served in-room
- wellness spa
- expensive rates
- residential area quiet at night
- entrance may be difficult to find
Check Rates from our Partners
Saint James Paris Review
Beyond a stone gateway you'll pass a beautiful fountain on your way into a grand foyer—this renovated 19th-century mansion feels like a countryside château nested in the heart of the busy metropolis. A sybaritic spa, exercise room, and what is probably the city's most glorious hotel staircase forge a loyal following of guests who enjoy a clubby, upscale atmosphere day and night. Belonging to the Relais & Châteaux collection of premium hotels, the hotel is decorated in sumptuous fabrics, genteel antiques, and period furnishings. A quick 20-minute walk gets you to L'Arc de Triomphe. To reach the most famous avenue in the world, head down Avenue Foch, one of the widest city streets lined with prestigious apartments.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
We saw London, we saw France and lots more.
Day 1 (9/18) Amsterdam
Well I have put off this trip report long enough so here goes. I am writing this to pay forward the help and advice which I received from Read more
WARNING: This trip report will be dry (not as in witty, but as in the text book you repeatedly drooled over in college), possibly long-winded, and totally ignore most restaurants in Paris. Read more
In this trip report, I’ll be describing my recent holiday in Northern Spain and Southern France. Here’s the breakdown of my travel: one day each in Bilbao, San Sebastian, Lourdes and Read more
· News & Features
In the fashionable streets of Le Marias lie remnants from Paris's sometimes turbulent history. ... Read more
Famous writers have called Paris home throughout history, and many of their favorite bars and restaurants... Read more
Author, artist, and expat Janice MacLeod shares her top insider tips for strolling around the City o... Read more