- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
Fodor's Paris 2014
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
Le Chapeau Melon
Le Chapeau Melon Review
A real neighborhood find, this quirky little cave and wine bar is run with imagination, flair, and zero pretension. Dishes like salmon cru drizzled with grass-green Provençal olive oil and soy sauce, served alongside slices of tart green apple; a nutty velouté of shiitake mushrooms with a tiny dollop of crème fraiche, or calimari served in its ink with flecks of vanilla are the happy result of whatever inspires owner-chef-wine aficionado Olivier Camus that day. Wine here is a serious affair, and interested diners are met with enthusiastic annotations (and copious samplings) of the wines of the day listed on the blackboard. To get a real feel for this convivial neighborhood come to the 6 pm happy hour, for homemade terrine, artisanal charcuterie, and an excellent glass of wine.
- Address: 92 rue Rebeval, 19e Belleville, Paris, 75019
- Phone: 01–42–02–68–60
- Metro Pyrénées.
- Location: Around the Eiffel Tower
- Reservations essential.
- Closed Mon. and Tues. No lunch.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Most of the towns along the northern coastline of France were destroyed during WW2, but there is at least one notable exception -- the town of Mers-les-Bains in Picardy, which displays one of the most amazing Read more
In my wildest dream, i would never have guessed that my favorite niece and I would celebrate out big birthdays on the same year, or that we would do it in Paris in September!
She has always had a fascinated Read more
The facts: Family of four with 18yo son and 9yo daughter who has celiac (must be gluten-free) will be in Paris August 3-16. Read more
· News & Features
Tired of following the pack? ... Read more
The City of Light is a must-see destination this spring, with a flurry of top-tier museum shows, dining... Read more
In the fashionable streets of Le Marias lie remnants from Paris's sometimes turbulent history.... Read more