- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
Fodor's Paris 2014
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
La Table d'Aki
La Table d'Aki Review
Did the stars align during our meal, or could it be that La Table d'Aki actually is the most perfect restaurant in Paris? Set in a quiet, aristocratic quartier near the Musée Rodin, its pale celadon walls, crisp white linen, and restrained lighting add up to a simple elegance, all the better to highlight chef Akihiro Horikoshi's thrilling cuisine centered on the sea. Amazingly Horikoshi works all alone in an open kitchen while 16 lucky diners await the next course, dishes like plump langoustine shimmering in a velvety shallot-fennel sauce, or delicate medallians of sole in a mellow red wine and leek reduction—all of such lush simplicity. In the hands of another chef, the attempt to create these feasts alone would be an act of hubris, but chef Horikoshi is only guilty of making more unrepentant fans: some have even been known to order all four entrées or toast the chef repeatedly with their postdinner cognac, and all practically genuflecting their way out the door.
- Address: 49 rue Vaneau, 7e Invalides, Paris, 75007
- Phone: 01–45–44–43–48
- Metro Saint Francis-Xavier.
- Location: Around the Eiffel Tower
- Reservations essential.
- Closed Sun., Mon., 2 wks in Feb., and in Aug.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
We saw London, we saw France and lots more.
Day 1 (9/18) Amsterdam
Well I have put off this trip report long enough so here goes. I am writing this to pay forward the help and advice which I received from Read more
WARNING: This trip report will be dry (not as in witty, but as in the text book you repeatedly drooled over in college), possibly long-winded, and totally ignore most restaurants in Paris. Read more
I will be going to Paris on business in early August. Read more
· News & Features
In the fashionable streets of Le Marias lie remnants from Paris's sometimes turbulent history. ... Read more
Famous writers have called Paris home throughout history, and many of their favorite bars and restaurants... Read more
Author, artist, and expat Janice MacLeod shares her top insider tips for strolling around the City o... Read more