- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
Fodor's Paris 2014
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
Restaurant du Palais-Royal
Restaurant du Palais-Royal Review
This stylish modern bistro decorated in jewel tones serves food to match its stunning location under the arcades of the Palais-Royal, facing its magnificent gardens. Sole, scallops, and risotto—including a dramatic black squid-ink and lobster version, or an all-green vegetarian one—are beautifully prepared, but juicy beef fillet with pommes Pont Neuf (thick-cut frites), and pedigreed chicken with potato puree are also popular with expense-account lunchers. Finish with an airy mille-feuille that changes with the seasons—berries in summer, chestnuts in winter—or a decadent baba doused with rum. Book in advance, especially in summer, when the terrace tables are hotly sought after.
- Address: Jardins du Palais-Royal, 110 Galerie Valois, 1er Faubourg St-Honoré, Paris, 75001 | Map It
- Phone: 01–40–20–00–27
- Website: www.restaurantdupalaisroyal.com
- Metro Palais-Royal.
- Location: Faubourg St-Honoré
- Reservations essential.
- Credit cards accepted.
- Closed Sun. and Mon.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
It might be a bit cruel to show something that nobody will ever see again, but I thought it might be useful to show how alert one must be to capture brief events in Paris (or anywhere else) that can be Read more
We took a long weekend in Paris at the end of March. Read more
My wife and I are looking to travel to the following destination August 2015. Read more
· News & Features
Tired of following the pack? ... Read more
The City of Light is a must-see destination this spring, with a flurry of top-tier museum shows, dining... Read more
In the fashionable streets of Le Marias lie remnants from Paris's sometimes turbulent history.... Read more