- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
Fodor's Paris 2014
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
At a Glance
- coveted location in historic 19th-century building
- excellent restaurant
- cutting-edge rooms with comfortable beds
- fee for Wi-Fi
- rooms and public spaces feel claustrophobic
- light switches are confusing
Check Rates from our Partners
W Paris-Opéra Review
Located near the Opéra Garnier, this 91-room hotel—the first W in France—feels part Moulin Rouge, part art gallery, with cheeky and irreverent touches strewn throughout. Past the historic facade, guestrooms blend old and new Paris style, with Louis XV–style chairs upholstered in mismatched fabrics, accent pillows designed as a nod to Marie Antoinette and other French figures, and modern-style toile duvets by London-based graphic artist Emily Forgot, who also created quirky silhouette-like illustrations in the lobby and around-the-clock fitness room filled with fashionistas. The lively lounge has cocktails and DJs, and the on-site restaurant serves Catalan-meets-French fare created by famed Spanish chef Sergi Arola. Resident "insider concierge" Cecile knows just about every secret spot in town.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
We saw London, we saw France and lots more.
Day 1 (9/18) Amsterdam
Well I have put off this trip report long enough so here goes. I am writing this to pay forward the help and advice which I received from Read more
WARNING: This trip report will be dry (not as in witty, but as in the text book you repeatedly drooled over in college), possibly long-winded, and totally ignore most restaurants in Paris. Read more
I have been planning this trip for over a year and a half. Read more
· News & Features
In the fashionable streets of Le Marias lie remnants from Paris's sometimes turbulent history. ... Read more
Famous writers have called Paris home throughout history, and many of their favorite bars and restaurants... Read more
Author, artist, and expat Janice MacLeod shares her top insider tips for strolling around the City o... Read more