- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
Fodor's Paris 2014
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
At a Glance
- cheap rooms in the center of town
- in trendy shopping and nightlife area
- some views onto Sacre Coeur
- minimal service and no amenities
- noise from the street
- decor feels outdated
Check Rates from our Partners
Hôtel Tiquetonne Review
Just off the market street of Rue Montorgueil and a short walk from Les Halles, this is one of the least expensive hotels in the city center. The old-fashioned-but-vintage-cool rooms aren't much to look at and possess few amenities, but they're sparkling and some are spacious. Cheaper rooms less than €50 are available with just a sink (toilets are in each hall; a shower is available on the first floor). If you don't mind the basics, the location is central, the service is reliably friendly, and the prices are a bargain.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
We saw London, we saw France and lots more.
Day 1 (9/18) Amsterdam
Well I have put off this trip report long enough so here goes. I am writing this to pay forward the help and advice which I received from Read more
WARNING: This trip report will be dry (not as in witty, but as in the text book you repeatedly drooled over in college), possibly long-winded, and totally ignore most restaurants in Paris. Read more
I will be going to Paris on business in early August. Read more
· News & Features
In the fashionable streets of Le Marias lie remnants from Paris's sometimes turbulent history. ... Read more
Famous writers have called Paris home throughout history, and many of their favorite bars and restaurants... Read more
Author, artist, and expat Janice MacLeod shares her top insider tips for strolling around the City o... Read more