- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
Fodor's Paris 2014
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
At a Glance
- steps away from the Champs-Élysées and five minutes from métro
- excellent seasonal menus at La Table du Lancaster
- Sunday brunch with organic farm products
- size of rooms varies greatly
- pricey room service
- decor look tired
Check Rates from our Partners
Hôtel Lancaster Review
Once a Spanish nobleman's town house, this luxurious retreat dating from 1889 dazzles with its elegant decor, lush courtyard, and international restaurant led by Chef Julien Roucheteau. Salons with traditional French furnishings on the first floor make you feel like you've entered a private bourgeois mansion. Rooms have been redecorated to reflect l'art de vivre in classic French styling, now with crisp linens, ambient lighting, and the latest technology. There are more than 1,000 antiques and 18th-century paintings throughout the hotel, as well as the original wood parquet floors, yet you'll also find Bose speakers, iPhone docking stations, free Wi-Fi, and double-paned soundproof windows. The Marlene Dietrich Suite (#401), where the actress once lived, has its own grand piano and DVDs of her films. The compact fitness room has a splendid view of Sacré-Coeur.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
We saw London, we saw France and lots more.
Day 1 (9/18) Amsterdam
Well I have put off this trip report long enough so here goes. I am writing this to pay forward the help and advice which I received from Read more
WARNING: This trip report will be dry (not as in witty, but as in the text book you repeatedly drooled over in college), possibly long-winded, and totally ignore most restaurants in Paris. Read more
I will be going to Paris on business in early August. Read more
· News & Features
In the fashionable streets of Le Marias lie remnants from Paris's sometimes turbulent history. ... Read more
Famous writers have called Paris home throughout history, and many of their favorite bars and restaurants... Read more
Author, artist, and expat Janice MacLeod shares her top insider tips for strolling around the City o... Read more