- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
Fodor's Paris 2014
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
At a Glance
- central location near shops and a market street
- spacious rooms
- staff greets you warmly
- some of the newer rooms lack character
- busy street and bar can be noisy
- very touristy
Check Rates from our Partners
Hôtel d'Aubusson Review
The showpiece at this 17th-century town house in the heart of St-Germain-des-Prés is the stunning front lobby, spanned by massive beams and a gigantic stone fireplace reminiscent of French aristocratic homes of yore. Decked out in rich burgundies, greens, or blues, the bedrooms are filled with Louis XV and Regency antiques; even the smallest rooms are a generous size by Paris standards. Hermès toiletries fill the granite bathrooms. Behind the paved courtyard is a second structure with three apartments, all ideal for families. The hotel's Café Laurent hosts jazz musicians Thursday through Saturday evening, and piano on Wednesday.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Most of the towns along the northern coastline of France were destroyed during WW2, but there is at least one notable exception -- the town of Mers-les-Bains in Picardy, which displays one of the most amazing Read more
In my wildest dream, i would never have guessed that my favorite niece and I would celebrate out big birthdays on the same year, or that we would do it in Paris in September!
She has always had a fascinated Read more
We are travelling around France and as part of the trip we are going to the Dordogne area for one week. Read more
· News & Features
Tired of following the pack? ... Read more
The City of Light is a must-see destination this spring, with a flurry of top-tier museum shows, dining... Read more
In the fashionable streets of Le Marias lie remnants from Paris's sometimes turbulent history.... Read more