- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
Fodor's Paris 2014
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
At a Glance
- on calm side street
- less than a block from the métro/RER station
- excellent service from friendly staff
- small rooms
- soundproofing could be better
Check Rates from our Partners
Hôtel Britannique Review
Open since 1861 and a stone's throw from the Louvre, the romantic Britannique blends courteous English service with old-fashioned French elegance near the banks of the Seine. Take the winding staircase to well-maintained rooms done in a mix of attractive reproductions and antiques. Wi-Fi and flat-screen TVs lend an air of modernity. Upgrade to the junior suite—the price is reasonable for Paris standards and offers more generous space and luxurious details like Annick Goutal bath amenities and bathrobes. A copious breakfast buffet includes fresh pastries and juices.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
We saw London, we saw France and lots more.
Day 1 (9/18) Amsterdam
Well I have put off this trip report long enough so here goes. I am writing this to pay forward the help and advice which I received from Read more
WARNING: This trip report will be dry (not as in witty, but as in the text book you repeatedly drooled over in college), possibly long-winded, and totally ignore most restaurants in Paris. Read more
I will be going to Paris on business in early August. Read more
· News & Features
In the fashionable streets of Le Marias lie remnants from Paris's sometimes turbulent history. ... Read more
Famous writers have called Paris home throughout history, and many of their favorite bars and restaurants... Read more
Author, artist, and expat Janice MacLeod shares her top insider tips for strolling around the City o... Read more