- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
At a Glance
- charming hotel on calm side street
- less than a block from the métro/RER station and close to Notre Dame Cathedral
- excellent service from friendly staff
- small rooms
- soundproofing between rooms could be better
- some rooms noisy
Check Rates from our Partners
Hôtel Britannique Review
Open since 1861 and a stone's throw from the Louvre, the romantic Britannique blends courteous English service with old-fashioned French elegance near the banks of the Seine. Take the winding staircase to well-maintained rooms done in a mix of attractive repro furniture and antiques. Wi-Fi and in-room flat-screen TVs lend an air of modernity; a copious breakfast buffet serves fresh pastries and juices. In World War I the hotel served as headquarters for a Quaker mission. Upgrade to the junior suite–the price is reasonable for Paris standards and offers more generous space and luxurious details like Annick Goutal amenities and bathrobes.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
We spent a week at the end of May exploring the Dordogne from a base near Sarlat-la-Canéda. Read more
Bikerscott and I celebrated our 11th wedding anniversary in Paris last weekend and thought I would share our pictures and restaurants.
We usually stay in the 11th but I have always wanted to try Le Marais Read more
Hdere are a few photos to destroy your dining for today...
Foie gras, wonderdful scallops, souffle
I deserved it all.after a miserable trip..due to it being the end of a holiday weekend.. Read more
· News & Features
France is a famous lure for its art, culture, and fine wine, and now visitors are falling for Cognac, ... Read more
Choosing a destination for your honeymoon can prove nearly as challenging a task as finding "the one."... Read more
After four long years of renovations, Paris's Palais Galleria finally reopens its doors, treating its... Read more