- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
Fodor's Paris 2014
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
Hôtel Caron de Beaumarchais
At a Glance
- cozy Parisian decor of yesteryear
- breakfast in bed served until noon
- excellent location within easy walking distance of major monuments
- small rooms with few amenities
- busy street of bars and cafés can be noisy
- may feel old-fashioned for younger crowd
Check Rates from our Partners
Hôtel Caron de Beaumarchais Review
For that traditional French feeling, book a room at this intimate, affordable, romantic hotel—the theme is the work of former next-door neighbor Pierre-Augustin Caron de Beaumarchais, a supplier of military aid to American revolutionaries and the playwright who penned The Marriage of Figaro and The Barber of Seville. The pretty lobby reflects the taste of 18th-century French nobility—down to the floral wallpaper and 1792 pianoforte. Richly decorated with provincial fabrics and antique period furnishings, the rooms have original beams and hand-painted bathroom tiles, updated with flat-screen TVs and free Wi-Fi access. Request the larger rooms in the front if you prefer more space to quiet; the smaller rooms overlook a courtyard, while tiny top floor units compensate with a good view across Rive Droite. Catering to modern times, the historic locale is handicapped-accessible and pet-friendly.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Most of the towns along the northern coastline of France were destroyed during WW2, but there is at least one notable exception -- the town of Mers-les-Bains in Picardy, which displays one of the most amazing Read more
In my wildest dream, i would never have guessed that my favorite niece and I would celebrate out big birthdays on the same year, or that we would do it in Paris in September!
She has always had a fascinated Read more
We are travelling around France and as part of the trip we are going to the Dordogne area for one week. Read more
· News & Features
Tired of following the pack? ... Read more
The City of Light is a must-see destination this spring, with a flurry of top-tier museum shows, dining... Read more
In the fashionable streets of Le Marias lie remnants from Paris's sometimes turbulent history.... Read more